Hypertension, when not prevented, can result in kidney disease, serious heart disease, and stroke. Even when treated can as well cause certain abnormalities in the brain cell such as amnesia, short of intelligence quotient, insomnia and other effects which could have been prevented as stated above.
Hypertension is referred to as an abnormal high blood pressure or a state of psychological stress. It can easily be avoided through various unhealthy lifestyle activities which are common in Nigeria and other African countries but is also based on your own decision on what you want for your health and life.
The major prevention of hypertension in Nigeria and globally is by natural preventive measures which start from the food you eat, which in essence means that your meal should be specially prepared if wish to prevent hypertension, following these procedures I assure you that you will get the best health result.
* There should be a little quantity of salt in the food you eat or if you can’t moderate the use of salt you can use seasoning in your food as a substitute for salt; because salt makes the sodium in the blood stream to increase and which inevitably leads to an increase in blood pressure.
* Again, ensure that you include a good quantity of garlic in your meal on daily basis and use fish oil.
* The quantity of fat (but not in the case of omega 3 fatty acids), calories and sugar should be moderated except if your sugar level is always low or moderate which can always be checked at any nearby pharmacy store.
* Fruit salad should be used as an appetizer every day, so also vegetables, whole grains, lean pork and pulses commonly called legumes in Nigeria should be included in the diet.
* Certain minerals are very necessary and should be part of the preventive measures and control of hypertension and these minerals are: calcium, potassium, and magnesium; therefore it is necessary that we made sure that what we eat contains these minerals.
Diets rich in magnesium include dry peas, beans, green vegetables, whole grains, dark leafy greens, avocados, nuts, and seeds, and these can be found in most Nigerian markets. On the other hand, calcium can be found in yogurts, low-fat milk, cheese, legumes, fruits, seafood, leafy greens, and sardines.
Another major prevention of hypertension is physical activities such as exercise, walking a short distance in the neighbourhood, daily early morning running activities and more.
In addition, there is a major drug that contributes greatly to the control of heart beat called Vasoprine tablet (you should that this if you have chances of being hypertensive); the tablets can be taken once on daily basis and is used in the prevention of blood clots, a risk of stroke, hypertension, ischemic attack, myocardial infarction and other conditions relating to the heart.
As you apply the above natural and medical preventive method, it is also important to checkmate the blood level to determine the systolic and diastolic stage of the blood.
Also, avoid gaining much weight to your normal weight because the blood level increases as the body weight does.
In all these, having a healthy lifestyles is a major way by which this disease could be controlled, and we all know that prevention is better than cure.