Some Christians are engrossed in the attitude of always going late to church on Sunday. Sometimes their reasons are flimsy or genuine but truth is this can be avoided sticking to these following steps.
1. Iron all your outfit before you sleep on Saturday or Friday night.
2. Polish / clean footwear before you sleep.
3. Get your Bible/ handbook/ tablet/ bags etc ready at one place.
4. Get your offering also ready.
5. Sleep early.
6. “Even when I get there early, I won’t meet anyone” Avoid the above saying. Get there early and let someone come and meet you. Don’t forget you are also someone.
7. Washing on Sundays before Church is not really encouraging. It may delay you.
8. If taking your bath will make you late, it’s better to bath early as soon as you wake up or before going to bed on Saturday or wait until you are back from Church, but do try to take your bath and look good to church.
9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the Church, always make allowance for extra time for in case of anything. For instance, if service is 8 AM and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to Church, it’s always better to leave home 7:30 or earlier.
10. Don’t give room for friends and relatives visit you few hours to fellowship. If they come when you are preparing to church, take them along (to Church) or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.
NB: Going to Church early ignites the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don’t be a habitual late comer to Church, it’s a dishonour to your God…..
May God meet us all at the point of needs.